Benefits of Art in the Workplace.
To create a good first impression with clients many businesses will put a piece of artwork in their receptions or meeting room. But what about the rest of the office?
There are many benefits to having art in the employee workspace. One of the downsides of being an employee is being confined to a monotonous workplace. Nowadays in an open plan office staff don’t even have partitions that they can decorate with photos and their kid’s paintings.
So, whilst your office layout might be modern and clean, it also ends up being sterile and dull. This has been shown to reduce productivity and employee job satisfaction.
Some employers will try to make the workspace hip and cool by installing foosball or ping pong tables that are a waste of space after the novelty wears off.
Beautiful artwork in the employee workspace can improve motivation and enhance creativity. It has also been shown to reduce stress and lessen the boredom of monotonous tasks.
We all know a small increase to your employees’ efficiency and productivity can have a significant benefit to your business’s overall performance. A beautiful piece of art can also define a space, display the spirit of the company and make it more than just a room. Another trick is to change or rotate the art on a regular basis, every 6 to12 months.
It makes common sense to put art in the employee workspace. So why doesn’t everyone do it?
- Some employers wrongly think it will distract workers, whilst studies have shown it helps staff focus and be more creative.
- Some think it’s expensive. Good art doesn’t have to cost. Colourful prints and bright corporate art is relatively inexpensive. You don’t have to hang original art to get the same positive outcomes. The Art rental and rotation market is growing so you don’t even have to worry about selecting the right art or changing it.
- Everyone has different tastes. If the art is not distasteful or controversial then people are generally accept anything that brightness up the workplace.
Creating a happy workplace is not difficult or expensive. Happy workers are more productive, more creative, less absent from work and improve the bottom line of your business.
- Look around your office and see where you could place some art to brighten up the place.
- Ask your employees and see what they would like hanging on the walls.